Things to Do in Abilene
Things To Do In Abilene
Abilene, TX, in Taylor County, is one of the most special cities in the U.S., where you can discover cowboys, culture, and characters. In the heart of this historical and magical city, at Cypress St., Abilene, TX, is our one-of-a-kind establishment, Cypress Street Station.
Places to Visit in Abilene, Texas
Abilene offers something for everyone. If you want to watch your favorite Texas artists perform live, buy something at the gift shop or flea market, or see some interactive exhibits at a historical museum or art gallery, we have it all. The Abilene attractions include:
- The Abilene State Park on Park Road.
- The Morgan Jones Planetarium
- The Abilene Library.
- The Historic Paramount Theatre.
- The Taylor County History Center.
- The National Center for Children’s Illustrated Literature.
- The Buffalo Gap historic village.
- The Historic Fort Phantom Hill and Lake Fort Phantom Hill.
- The Abilene Zoo.
- Elm Creek Backyard.
- Abilene Performing Arts Company, Williams Performing Arts Center, and Abilene Ballet Theatre.
- Abilene Zoological Gardens.
- Buffalo Gap Flea Market.
- Five art galleries, including the Center for Contemporary Arts.
- Abilene Christian University.
- Frontier Texas is located in Abilene, Texas.
- Museums – Dyess Memorial Museum, Grace Museum, 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum (World War II memorial museum), Abilene Fine Arts Museum
- Dr. Suess Garden.
- Sockdolager Brewing Co.
- Pappy Slokum Brewery.
- Grain Therory.
- Sunnhaus Brewing Project (Potosi).
- Red Gap Brewery (Cisco).